The two candidates in the running on November 8, 2022, general election for Santa Clara County Board of Education, California Zone 7 – Raena Lari and Natalie Prcevski – completed Ballotpedia’s candidate connection survey. These survey responses enable voters to hear directly from candidates what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Santa Clara County Office of Education websitethe “Board of Education has seven members who serve four-year terms and are elected from different county government areas”.
Here are excerpts from the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to take away from your goals for your term?
- “Preparing every student for the future by meeting students where they are: when a student needs individualized attention to catch up or advanced-level tuition to stay engaged, our job is to provide them with what is necessary for its growth and enrichment.”
- “Prioritizing mental and physical health and well-being: As Health Advisory Commissioner, I recognize that children cannot learn and teachers cannot teach if they are not well. »
- “Advocating for fair pay for teachers and access to affordable housing in the neighborhoods where they work: Studies have shown that higher pay for teachers is linked to better learning outcomes. When educators are less stressed, they can focus on their students.
- “Propelling student success for all students and all levels of learners. Let’s teach the real-world skills our students need to succeed in school and in life. They deserve to have the opportunity to move forward.
- “To create safe and healthy environments where students and teachers can thrive. Mental health awareness and support are front and center post-pandemic. We need the infrastructure in place to be inclusive, fair, present and responsive to ALL.
- “Working with parents and the community to restore trust in our public schools. I am a product of public school. My child is in public school. Schools should be centers of our community. Together, we are laying the groundwork for our students to navigate the changing and complex world ahead of us.
Click on the candidate profile pages below to read their full answers to this and other questions.
We’re asking all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them politically and personally. Ask candidates in your area to complete the survey.