POSITION TITLE : TEACHER
DEPARTMENT: Future Education Academy, Department of Educational Studies
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Pedagogical management
POSITION OPENING DATE: May 6, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until the position is filled. Early submission is strongly encouraged.
JOB ID: 2321
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Full time ☒ Part time ☐
Fixed-term contract / 3 years, renewable. The 3rd contract is for an indefinite period.
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint venture university in China to offer both in the UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese accredited undergraduate degrees (Department of Education) for over 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-oriented and has made significant investments in research development and increasing the number of masters and doctoral students on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1,000 academic staff representing over 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
ACADEMY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
The Future Education Academy of Xi’an Jiaotong University-Liverpool is an educational innovation ecosystem that focuses on researching, exploring, supporting and disseminating the philosophy and best practices for education. future education. The Academy’s core mission is to impact educational innovation and reform in China and beyond through a variety of projects and programs, based on fundamental approaches to educational innovation. and system development designed to contribute to the future of education. The Academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels, including all K-15 schools as well as vocational and higher education institutions.
Four units make up the Academy, namely the Department of Educational Studies (EDS), the Institute for Advanced Leadership and Education Development (ILEAD) and the Educational Development Unit (EDU), Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE). The main projects of the Academy include the following programs:
- Masters and Doctoral Programs in Education
- Future Education Research Projects
- Education Innovation Community
- Professional development programs for education practitioners
- Programs to support excellence in student learning
- On-site online hybrid learning environment and resources
The academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels, including all K-15 schools as well as vocational and higher education institutions. -innovative, research-driven and research-driven experiences in the synterative educational environment. The Department now has over 10 professors examining a wide range of educational issues, such as continuing education and professional development; student-centered education and educational experience; technology-enhanced education; educational management and leadership; child development and family education, or other relevant areas. Educational Studies also hosts a wide range of postgraduate modules forming three Masters programmes: MA Global Education and MA Child Development and Family Education, and MSc Digital Education. In addition, the Department develops Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) programs. Through teaching, research and public engagement, academic staff are an integral part of an ecosystem of educational innovation that focuses on research, exploration, support and dissemination of philosophy and best practices for future education.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applications are invited for the position of Professor in the Disciplinary Field of Educational Management at the Department of Educational Studies, Academy of Future Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University-Liverpool, a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
The Department of Educational Studies is looking for future colleagues from applicants in all areas of continuing education and professional development; student-centered education and educational experience; technology-enhanced education; educational management and leadership, and other relevant areas with a global education perspective that can:
- Adopt innovative, interactive and student-centered approaches to learning, teaching and assessment.
- Understand and have an innovative spirit and a transformational approach in education, in line with the philosophy of XJTLU and the Future Education Academy.
- Provide high quality education to graduate students, have teaching and assessment experience by example.
- Supervise postgraduate students in thesis and dissertation.
- Conduct high quality research and be able to demonstrate the ability or potential to produce high quality research publications.
- Provide administrative services as expected at all levels to the school, university and its stakeholders, and support extracurricular activities for students, staff and discipline as expected.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional experience.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Applicants with a terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D., EdD) in a wide range of fields, including continuing education and professional development; student-centered education and educational experience; technology-enhanced education; education management and leadership, or other relevant fields with a global education perspective, are welcome.
- Fluency in English and ability to deliver postgraduate modules effectively in the context of English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI), particularly within Masters programmes.
- High-quality and innovative teaching experiences at postgraduate level, especially in master’s programs.
- Strong leadership in working in a diverse and dynamic environment where collaboration between teams or departments is encouraged.
- An international profile of collaborative research in continuing education and professional development; student-centered education and educational experience; technology-enhanced education; education management and leadership or related fields with a global education perspective is preferred.
- A successful record of research funding is preferred.
- Experience in successfully supervising doctoral students in education or a closely related field.
- A focus on research and teaching/practical experiences on future education is desirable.
- Substantial experiences in innovative teaching and curriculum development.
- Substantial administrative and leadership experience in school or university settings.
- A strong background in the design and delivery of educational programs, executive coaching, academic supervision and management consulting for educational institutions and practitioners.
- Strong relationships with scholars and practitioners in the field and assuming a leadership role in professional associations nationally and/or internationally.
Annual base pay scale:
- Teacher: Above 620k RMB, negotiable
Academic staff members are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel and education of children, medical insurance and a one-time relocation allowance. Staff abroad may benefit from a “tax holiday” depending on their nationality and personal situation.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese labor laws and must comply with provincial government regulations. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with respect to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please submit your application online via:
Applications should be submitted in a single pdf file consisting of 3 parts in the following order:
- A cover letter
- An up-to-date CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship and highest level of education
- Contact details of three references
Applications must be received by the closing date indicated above.
For any specific inquiries related to the position, please send an e-mail to the Head of Educational Studies Department, Rong Wang at [email protected]. Informal inquiries can be directed to HR at [email protected].